Saturday, November 13, 2010

Update



Here are some updated pictures of the pieces I've been working on, including a crooked test print from my intaglio print. They're a bit blurry because I dropped my camera and haven't gotten it fixed or another camera, so this is with my web cam.

So I've been getting out of my artist funk lately by doing a series of Native American/Western style pieces. I'm in a printmaking class currently so it has been occupying all my time, but I'm using this theme with my work in there. Nevertheless, I do have canvases that will be painted! Also, I have finished the orange and red piece (which now needs a title) and the acrylic under painting for the mountain piece. I know it sounds like I'm not doing much, but if you could see my printmaking stuff and look in my sketchbooks then you would see that's where my work and planning is dwelling for the moment.

I do have a commission from a friend of mine from high school that's getting married in the spring, so I am planning that out as well. It will be a watercolor of the interior of a very old, grandiose stairway inside a somewhat medieval looking mansion/castle/building. I'm so excited because it's my first commission!

Still no Monet, maybe over Thanksgiving? Yes. Thanksgiving I will finally post about Monet.
See you all then, if not before.

No comments:

Post a Comment