Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trying Something New

Do you like art? Do you maybe not understand art? Do you really not get art? Are you an aspiring artist like me? Do you sometimes feel as lost as I do? Well, hopefully you gave some kind of answer to these because this is why I'm here. My name is Valerie Mills and I'm a young, aspiring artist hoping to find support and feedback in this world of blogs, maybe even use this as a means to network. This space I intend to use for talking about what I experience in my artwork, talk about artists that have or will inspire me, and maybe help out some people that don't really see what the big deal is about paint on a canvas. I plan on updating once a week with something about an artist, my work, any art related events that comes to my attention, or just being an art nerd and going on and on about my favorite color to paint with. As for comments and feedback, I highly encourage them and would love to read anything you have to say, whether you love it or hate it -especially if it's about my pieces (which I hope to post at some point in the future) or about an artist that deserves some attention. I'm pretty new at this, so as time goes on if I get a following of people that want more than a weekly post, then I might make a Facebook page specifically for this purpose. Maybe even a Q&A type thing using twitter to ask me question and me to ask you. Until then, feel free to email me and let me know what you think about what I have going on and the ideas, etc.

2 comments:

  1. i like this...good idea on ur part...i shall definitely sub this blog xD...u should check out mine too..."Aces's Headspace" its a semi-regular update of just my observations in life xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Val. I hope to see your artwork here. Claudia

    ReplyDelete